Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In Dreams by J. Sterling


Goodreads summary: When Katherine Johns starts dreaming about a boy she doesn't know, her college roommate Taylor is determined to find him. Convinced he must exist, Taylor is relentless... until she finds out exactly WHO the mysterious stranger really is.


The realization rocks the girls to their core and sends them down a path of unimaginable heartbreak as they learn to navigate their new reality.

Follow Katherine & Taylor's journey through love, friendship and tragedy in this emotionally captivating debut novel by J. Sterling.

Review: Along with What Kills Me and Faelorehn (a book I have yet to read and review), In Dreams was one of my impulsive sign-myself-up-because-I-have-nothing-to-do-and-I-want-to-read-a-book moments. Same with these three books, I did not read their summaries. When I read What Kills Me I was really excited to read In Dreams, hoping it would be as exciting as What Kills Me. Oh, but I felt like I made the biggest mistake on my twentieth year of living!


This book is too much of a catastrophe! Redeeming qualities? I think it has none. The first page just turned me off! The author, just from the way she wrote In Dreams, just showcased how much of a newbie she is and how much practice she very much needs. And probably some reading.


I felt as if the book was trying to kill me!



It was slowly killing my brain!



And turning me into something like this!



I have two words for In Dreams: unsubstantial and unrealistic. So our protagonist dreamed about a boy and because she felt the dream was too real, then the boy must be real! And her BFF roommate is helping her look for her dream boy after a five-second explanation of her dream and feelings. Oh, but they decide that real-life-cute-guy (cannot remember protagonist's other love interest) is way better than dream boy. But protagonist is wary of real-life-cute-guy because she is in love with dream boy and she waits for him every night to appear in her dreams.



I can't take the silliness of this book! Bad writing! Bad plot! Bad everything! I've read so many badly written fan fiction. And I can group In Dreams with them. A total waste of time! I suggest to the author to read, read, and write, write. And read, read some more. And write, write even more!


Rate:     

0 comments:

Post a Comment