Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Review: Sempre (Forever #1) by J.M. Darhower

sempre-aphrodite



Click image to read Goodreads summary
 

I've read the first version of Sempre before it was republished and it was one awesome read. But I did have some problems with it like 1) it had some minor characters that didn't quite make the story move or didn't have a great significance and 2) there were some scenes that stalled the whole book. It just stopped! Frustrating at times but those scenes made the book edgier, grittier, and raw. Still, they had no real importance to the story.


The second time I read Sempre (I received an eARC through netgalley. com and thank you publisher for approving my request) I've noticed a great change. The scenes in the first version that made Carmine a really big spoiled asshole of a man-whore were gone, which was kind of saddening because I really thought those scenes highlighted how screwed up he was, but I realized as well those scenes made no story movement and the little scenes and paragraphs left to showcase Carmine's bad attitude were enough to give readers a big insight on who he was before he met and fell in love with Haven.

Although there were scenes I wish didn't have to be deleted, this republished version of Sempre is still as amazing as the first. It's less messy to read, less confusing (yes, I got confused a little on the first version), less vague and more direct to the point. I fell in love all over again with Carmine and Haven and their love story.

Rate:5-stars1

0 comments:

Post a Comment