Saturday, September 28, 2013

Flawed by Kate Avelynn

13503247


There was a darkness in Flawed that I loved when I read the summary. Unfortunately, Flawed didn't deliver the right amount of darkness the summary promised. I was patiently waiting for that scene. I don't know what kind of scene but I was waiting for it, the scene that would make my skin crawl or rip my heart into pieces. When I read the last page I felt drained and cheated on. Flawed just wasn't flawed enough to compete against V.C. Andrew's Flowers in the Attic.


The part with the possible sexual abuse of the father was kind of overdone. It felt like the author forcibly wanted us to believe that the father will rape Sarah, and Sarah just kept telling the readers that he will rape her anytime soon. What the author did backfired and I ended up liking the father and wishing he would just kill Sarah.


And the mother. Oh my great balls of fire! I still don't know what she has to do with Flawed.


I'm pretty much disappointed with Flawed. The incest, the angst-y, teen romance, the physical abuse. Ugh! Flawed needed a bit of story tightening. This could have so much potential if it didn't have so many disconnected subplots.


Rate: 535px-2_stars.svg

0 comments:

Post a Comment